Friday, August 31, 2018

What Just Happened?

The air was thick with anticipation and excitement. 

This is something we had talked about amongst us, prayed over, wondered about. 
We'd been prepared by some excellent preaching on the subject by our dear Pastor Troy...he had opened up new areas of understanding for us. 
But, today was the day. It contained heat and noise and crowds, three ingredients that push Ethan "over the edge". I wanted to pack up, run away to the safety, quietness and predictability of HOME. 
But, at the urging of my husband and sons, I instead moved away from Ethan's thrashing body, and made my way down towards the water. 
When I came up out of the water, Pastor Troy came up to me and said these words, 

"They just pulled your boy from the water!" 


Micah helped baptize his brother

At those words, my grateful tears turned to joyful sobs. 
You see, Ethan's brothers, who love him very much, seized their opportunity to carry Ethan down all those steps to the "river", lift him over the wall, and get him baptized! 
(Kinda reminds me of the Bible story of the men lifting their friend down through the roof to Jesus for healing.)


All of this took place at an event in Glen Rose, Texas called "The Promise",  in a huge outdoor amphitheater where hundreds of actors, singers (and animals) tell the Greatest Story Ever Told. 
The Promise


Samuel, Ethan, Micah & Joshua


Ethan was one of 181 believers baptized that night of August 25th, 2018. 


5 comments:

  1. So awesome, praise the Lord, His mercy endureth forever. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is bursting with joy and love for Ethan, for you and for his amazing brothers. I love each of you in a way that I can' even explain. You have made my life so much richer by the sharing of your faith, your love, and your kindness. Hugs for all. <3 Permelia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your words are drops of gold, Permelia.
    You have also touched my life, deeply, in a way beyond expression. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. O Leslie, Permelia has said it best. Be still my moved heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That’s amazing and beautiful❤️

    ReplyDelete